Statements and Policies
The Douglas County Law Library is a division of the District Court. The library has been designated open to the public for limited use. The County, in collaboration with the Omaha Bar Association, and Creighton Law School maintains the office and the collection and the library is open to attorneys and the public. The materials in the library are available for use on the premises only, no materials may be checked out. There are copy machines available for self-service copying. The library staff is available to assist you in using the library.
The Law Library staff will assist patrons in getting information on laws and legal issues. The staff can provide patrons with rules, laws, and legal procedures. Assistance is available for use of the copy machines and computers The Law Library staff does not give legal advice or instructions on filing lawsuits or legal procedures for a particular case. The Law Library staff does not assist in drafting documents for lawsuits. The Law Library staff does not assist in word processing documents.
Hours: 8:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday.
- Copies - $0.25 per page.
- Fax - $1.00 per page sending or receiving.
- Computer printouts - $0.25 per page.
- Preprinted packets of forms, information, and sample documents - $.25 per page.
Document Delivery Service (Prepayment Required)**
· Email, Fax, or US Postal Service – $10.00 service charge plus $.25 per page.
· Copies Ordered for Pickup – $10.00 service charge plus $.25 per page.
Rules of Conduct
For the safety and comfort of all library users and staff and to protect library property library users are expected to comply with the following rules. Failure to follow these rules may result in removal from the library. Repeated violation of these rules may result in the issuance of a ban and bar order.
· Respect one another, including library staff and other customers.
· Comply with any reasonable request from library staff.
· No abusive or obscene language.
· No fighting.
· Use cell phones in a manner that is not disruptive to others; set ringer to vibrate and speak quietly.
· No weapons.
· The use of tobacco products and smoking in any form, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted.
· Alcohol and illegal drugs are not allowed anywhere on library property.
· Do not deface, damage or destroy library materials or property.
· Pay for all printing from library computers.
· Limit the number of people at a computer to no more than two.
· All personal items must fit under a chair and must not be left unattended.
· No tampering with or using computers in a manner that violates the library’s usage policy.
· Leave library furniture where you find it.
· No animals. The only exception to this is for registered service animals.
· Use proper waste receptacles to dispose of trash.
· Appropriate dress is required (shirt and shoes).
· No sleeping.
· Use headphones with audio/video devices.
· Maintain proper personal hygiene so not to interfere with others’ use and enjoyment of the library.
· No soliciting, panhandling, harassing, or intimidating behavior that disturbs others.
· No excessive public displays of affection.
· Children under the age of 11 may not be left unattended.